Thursday, June 11, 2009

Here I am, Lord!

A while back, I had a dream. I was at a wedding tending to all the guests. Suddenly, I looked down and realized I was not dressed for the wedding. I had been so busy taking care of folks I hadn't prepared myself! I got into a panic because I was afraid I didn't have time to change and so would miss the wedding. When I woke up, I knew that God was trying to tell me to slow down and take care of my own spiritual house. He wanted an intimate relationship with me. He led me to Matthew 7: 21-23 where Jesus said,

"Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"

This passage keeps me face to face with my Lord Jesus. I want Him to know me, and I want to know Him. I also know that I want to enter into the kingdom of God each and every day. This means, I have to do the will of my heavenly Father. The only way I can do His will is to stop what I am doing, listen for His voice and then do what He says. The cool thing is this: He is more eager than I to be in relationship with me! So He makes the way for me to hear.
Try it! Even if only for a moment and acknowledge Him, listen for His voice and step out in faith to do that which you have heard. It will be an adventure of a lifetime!

The link that follows will take you to a wonderful few minutes of worship. Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My! thanks for sharing this is so encouraging ! I love it !!!!!
    I appreciate this !!! jan

    ReplyDelete