Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Maiden Voyage



Launching out into the deep end of the blogging world is a little intimidating for this middle-aged, non-conformist grandma. So much in my life has been concrete, finite and boring, and I wonder what do I have to contribute? (Amazingly, my friends would never say that about what they have observed of that same life.)
This beginning is giving me the same rush that I got the first time I scuba'd in Lake Travis, Austin, TX when I was trying to get certified as a diver. My heart is beating and I am having to really focus to calm my breathing!
There is so much I long to say to my friends and fellow travelers. I only hope that my musings will somehow reach out to others and give hope and peace and joy along the way.
The thing about this form of communicating, is that there is no turning back. Once out there, it's out there!
So, here goes!
This is only the beginning of my new adventure. Hope I am a quick learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment