Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Flowers!

Went on a search for flowers today.  What a snipe hunt! There was not a flower to be seen...it is so hot and dry!  So I thought, hey! cemeteries usually have flowers...off I went in hope.  I decided to try to find the grave of Ima Hogg, a Texas philanthropist, who was laid to rest in Austin, TX  at the historic Oakwood Cemetery.  Sadly, the place is rundown and there were no markers to point the way.  I am going to try again when it is cooler!

I met a very elderly gentleman who was watering a plant and the grass around his mother's grave.  She had been gone over 30 years, and he was the last living relative.  I was so touched by the obvious care!

These flowers looked very lovely!  Silk! It's not my best photo, I forgot to bring my camera!! Took this with my phone. I am telling you, the heat is frying my brain!!

I think a flower photo challenge would be better in the Spring for us Texans!  Just sayin'....
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment