Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Return to Me

Have you ever awakened in the morning with a dark cloud of depression around you?  It makes you feel hopeless and unable to get out of bed.  Depression is one of the tools the enemy has used against me in my life.  I remind myself, when "it" comes at me, that I am on a journey and that I have the victory over all the power of the enemy.  Sometimes, I have to slug through some sludge, to get to the Light.

This morning was such a time. Lying in bed, unable to move, imprisoned by emotions of grief and intense "aloneness,"  I cried out to the Lord, " I just need to hear Your voice."  As I lay there, worrying about all these issues running through my mind, I heard Him speak:

"Anna Marie, Anna Marie, you are worried about many things, but 
only one thing is needed, come and sit with me and learn from me."  (Luke 10:41)

Tears began to flow as I felt His Holy Presence.  The depression evaporated, and I felt so loved and surrounded by Love.  I realized that I had been caught up in worry and busyness. I had not taken the time to sit with my Heavenly Father, and be filled up with His love.  As I opened my Bible, and began to read, fresh understanding was there for me. I am renewed. 

And, as it almost always happens, everyone I prayed with today, or ministered to, was suffering from depression or anxiety.  It is beneficial to have training in the trenches of life.  If we let Him, God turns our pain and sorrows into glory for others on the Way.  

Blessings, dear ones.  May you be lifted up and filled with Joy this day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment