Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Who Else Wants to Blog a Day? No Way... LOL!

I really wanted to. I tried. I failed.  But! I am picking myself up, and dusting my fingers and keyboard off, and beginning again.

I am a huge fan of second and third and umpteen chances.  Until they sprinkle my ashes into the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, I will never give up! 

Speaking of the Black Canyon, has anyone else out there ever been there?  It is completely beautiful.  My husband, Jack, and I, in our foolish, newly-wedded blissful state, crawled over the edge and climbed down to sit on a tiny ledge, with our feet dangling almost two thousand feet above ground!  (It was an awesome spot to share a breath-taking kiss!) ;=)) What a difference thirty+ years make...now I would freak out if the grandkids got too near the edge! 

Some day, I want to ride the donkeys down into the Grand Canyon.  I have been blessed to see it from the north rim and the south rim. 
I even like little canyons.  We had a "secret" canyon on my mother-in-law's property near La Grange, TX.  It cut down into the earth about thirty feet.  At the base of the canyon was a dry creek-bed that would flood during a good rainstorm.  We spent many happy hours exploring and looking for artifacts and unusual rocks.  Found several nice arrowheads and  and a fossil or two.  I am looking forward to some cooler weather, so I can take my grandkids exploring for earthen treasures. (Not too close to any steep cliff-edges!)

The crispy early morning air, just begs me to explore.
Strolling down the earthen path, I feel my spirit soar.
The dusty road has left me notes about my nighttime friends.
There're little fawn feet, racoon hands and all around the bend,
I even see a slither trail, I'm glad it's gone before!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment