Saturday, September 3, 2011

We Can be Happy!

This tiny pink flower is less than 1/4 inch wide in the bloom
 and  maybe 1 in. tall.    Hope in a dry thirsty land!
"The deepest secret in our heart of hearts is that we are writing because we love the world." 

I found this beautiful quote by Natalie Goldberg in my favorite book on writing, The Right to Write, by Julia Cameron.  Ms. Cameron has such a love for writing, but even more she oozes encouragement to the rest of us.
She reminds us that we all have a voice. And it is through sharing our words that we connect to each other.

I have so fallen in love with the awesome power of the Internet to connect me with people who are faceless to me, but whom I know, because we share ourselves through our writing.  It has an eternal feel to it.  Just as prayer we send out for people, who we only know by a name from an e-mail, or Facebook, or Twitter, and we may not ever know the impact of until we meet again in Glory, these blogs reach other's hearts and minds in a way we may never know, but it is felt in the Soul.  It is a form of brotherly love.

In her book, Ms. Cameron suggests making a list of those things that bring you happiness.  Her suggestion is for 50.  That may be tough to do, but I would encourage you to give it a try.  I have been working on my list for awhile.  I am still not up to 50.  I was shocked at that.  I am a rather happy person by nature, but this exercise made me realize that I have to be more intentional in my life.

I am going to share the top ten from my list for you, as a pump primer.  The items don't have to be profound or complex, just straight from your heart.  Try it. You 'll like it!  Try to write them down as they pop in your head.

1. Being lost in worship
2. The faces of my grand-children
3. The Beach Boys or John Denver Beach Boys- Wouldn't it be nice? (Click here to hear one of my favs!)
4. When my husband tells me I look pretty
5. Finding a flower growing in the midst of a drought (Hence, the picture at the top of this blog.)
6. The perfect slice of pizza
7. Sharing with others the ways God has touched my life
8. Making snow-angels
9. E-mails from my cousin George (And he will surely say something about being at the end of this list! LOL)
10. When someone tells me they liked something I have written....that really floats my boat!

Blessings, Your soul-sista, Anna Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment