Sunday, September 11, 2011

What Really Matters?

Today the challenge from WordPress blog a day was to remember something important you have lost.

When it comes down to it, the only "things" important that I have lost are people.  Nothing in this life is more precious than the people God has placed in our lives.  When we truly boil it all down, we can lose everything that we have worked all our lives for, but if we still have our loved ones, we consider ourselves most blessed.

Love is the most enduring substance there is. As I watched the stories of the the First Responders of 911, what stood out powerfully was the intensity of saving life.  Two brothers re-united reduced me to tears.

My prayer is, that I never forget to honor and cherish my relationships with the people that God has placed in my life, from the closest to the acquaintance.

Even the Facebook friends I have learned to love are a blessing to me.  Thank You, Jesus for the intense reminders of how much You love us and how much You want us to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment