Monday, November 26, 2012

Do Our Words Matter?



Matthew 5:21-22  ( The Message)

"You're familiar with the command to the ancients, "Do not murder.' I'm telling you that anyone who is so much as angry with a brother or sister is guilty of murder. Carelessly call a brother "idiot!' and you just might find yourself hauled into court. Thoughtlessly yell "stupid!' at a sister and you are on the brink of hellfire. The simple moral fact is that words kill.

Today I am going to conduct an experiment. From the moment I post this blog post until I go to bed, I am going to speak only positive words over myself and others. I am going to take every negative thought captive and bring it to Jesus. I want to see what the effect will be on my attitude and emotions at the close of the day.
It's not that I have not tried to live this way before, but I have never been totally focused on doing this. I tend to get distracted very easily.

My emotional level this morning is sort of a dullness. I am neither sad nor joyful. My attitude is one of expectancy and determination. 

I included this picture of  my husband receiving prayer because, I do not remember anyone ever doing that on a Sunday service before. This was in an Episcopal church. When he finished preaching he got an rousing round of applause! That just doesn't happen often in liturgical churches.  While I cannot prove it, I know that the words spoken over him had a powerful effect on his sermon.

I am getting excited. My emotional level is rising.  My expectancy has risen...

If you read this, please say a prayer for me today.  Blessings, Anna Marie

Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment