Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rejoice with Me, Somebody!!!

Sometimes, when I get into "keeping-up-with-current-events-overload" I am tempted to fear for our future...but God always brings me back to faith! This morning let me share a glorious faith statement by a brother named Habakkuk.

"Though the fig tree may not blossom,nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut offf from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls- yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will Joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord is my strength; He will make me feet like a deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills."

I have never seen it fail. The darkest times bring the greatest places of triumph! It really is our perspective. Am I looking at the difficulties or sorrows or pain, or am I looking to my Lord? Come and rejoice with me today! He is here, and He is big enough to carry us through!!

1 comment: