Sunday, December 4, 2011

Noah's Ark, It is Still Afloat!

I was reading one of my favorite, new blogs this morning.  These words arrested my heart!
"Noah, our eldest, asked a few months ago, “Would you have still wanted me had you known I’d get cancer?”  That’s an astonishing question to cross a nine-year old’s lips.  Obviously the weight of the disease and the stress of the treatments prompted him to take a look at life from a much more adult perspective.  And of course we responded, “Absolutely, we would have still wanted you.”" ~ Bryan, read his blog:
http://brvan.com/?p=1438#comment-730
As I read this profound question from this man's young son, my eyes filled to overflowing with tears.  Even now, I am still having trouble seeing my keyboard.  My husband and I are praying for this young man's complete recovery. I hope many will join us.  Jesus never refused to heal someone who came to Him, so we can pray believing the same for this young man.  

His question gave me a new understanding of Father God's heart towards us.  I have asked Him, essentially, the same question before, but could never feel his heart until now. Until Noah.

"God if You knew we were going to choose sin and death over this life You planned for us, why would You still have wanted us?" 

Our sin, our evil, our brokenness is our cancer.  I feel His heart so strong for me and you.  His answer is in the Love.  Even knowing the horrible sacrifice He would suffer for us, His answer is an unequivocal, resounding,"Yes!"  He cannot imagine this Life without us!  So, He willingly paid the price, suffered the horrendous beating, the agonizing death on the cross, overcame the relentless grave so we could be healed spirit, soul and body; never to be separated from Him again!

Lord, thank You for Noah.  Thank You for using him in my life, today, for letting him be the vessel to open my heart to receive Your breathtaking Love!  Pour back into him 1,000-fold return, for what he has given me this day.

Thank you, Noah! You provided me an ark today!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks so much for sharing about my son's condition! I hope this sparks the prayers of hundreds of more readers. We're still waiting on his counts to rebound to begin his maintenance phase. We've taken an unexpected four week hiatus and I think the doctor's a bit concerned...so pray.

    AND I welcome any of you that might visit my blog!

    God Bless and thanks again!
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things we have learned over the years, is to speak to the organs of the body to do as they are supposed to do. You see, Jesus never begged God, He commanded healing. He lives in you, so speak to Noah's bones and tissues to rebound and come alive to the fullest. Tell the cancer to go to the cross for Jesus to deal with.
    Thank God for the healing that Jesus already paid for. I know this is a difficult time for you, but remember, Bryan, you are the head of your household, so you have great authority in Christ. Blessing,dear one,Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete