Thursday, April 4, 2013

Are You on Your Journey?


Deuteronomy 1:29-33  The Message
 (Moses speaking) I tried to relieve your fears: "Don't be terrified of them. GOD, your God, is leading the way; he's fighting for you. You saw with your own eyes what he did for you in Egypt; you saw what he did in the wilderness, how GOD, your God, carried you as a father carries his child, carried you the whole way until you arrived here. But now that you're here, you won't trust GOD, your God--this same GOD who goes ahead of you in your travels to scout out a place to pitch camp, a fire by night and a cloud by day to show you the way to go."

2013 marks the 40th year of my journey with the Lord Jesus Christ.  My husband and I have witnessed extraordinary exploits and extreme tenderness of our God in His people. He has led us through the valley of the shadow of death to the glory-covered mountain peaks of joy and has never left us alone.  And yet, if honesty must speak, I still have my moments of doubt, despair and grumbling.

How can this be?  I can only say, I live in the world that is broken and hurting, as well as in the kingdom of God.  I have to choose every day, every moment which reality I will walk in.

This morning I am rejoicing in knowing that my choice more often than not is the kingdom of God. And when I choose poorly, I have brothers and sisters who help me up.  As I am approaching the end of my 5th decade of life, I have been recognizing a peace that I know comes only through living and experiencing the journey.   My heart is over-flowing with love towards you, my fellowman. You have walked with me on this journey.  You have been Christ with skin on for me. And even if you hurt me, I learned humility through the pain, so, thank you.

If today was my last day in this world, I would want to leave behind this exhortation. Never give up; choose this day to live for Him.  Rejoice in Him!  He will be with you to the end!


No comments:

Post a Comment