Friday, February 18, 2011

An Experiment in Faith

Jesus spoke so many radical things.  He did so many radical things.  I want to be a radical thing!  I have given much thought recently to Jesus' words: "I only do what I see my Father doing and I only speak what I hear Him saying."  I have wanted to enter into this kind of life, in Him.  My difficulty has been first and foremost distractability!  (I don't know if that is a word, but if not it is now!)  I have a tremendous ability to be distracted.  In the past, the only way I have been able to be still and listen is to retreat.  I know there is a time and place for retreats, Jesus retreated often.  But He came back into the world and was able to maintain the connection with the Father as He walked.

Today, I am intentionally going to listen and watch as I go. I am rebuking all distractions, even if I have to do it every 5 minutes! (I am serious about this, Lord!!)  The Word I received this morning was from Luke 6:27-28:

"But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you , and pray for those who spitefully use you."  

This is radical living!  I expect that today will be filled with challenges to this Word.  If anyone is reading this, please pray for me.  I want to go and make a Kingdom difference today.  I will be reporting back to you, what happens today.  Blessings, Anna Marie

1 comment:

  1. It was a quiet day. No earth-shattering revelations. No power encounters. Yet, I am not disappointed. It was a day spent in the presence of the Lord and with family. I am not giving up. I want to walk in Jesus' shoes. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete