Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mystic River

As far back as I can remember I had a recurring dream.  I would be walking along the river bank. I longed to jump in the river, but I wasn't sure I could swim.  Suddenly, I was in the river and began to panic because the water was over my head and I thought I was going to drown. I couldn't hold my breath any longer and breathed in the water.  I was in total wonder and joy because I could breathe and discovered that the river was my natural habitat! It was so cool!

I had this dream several times per week until I was 19-years old.  I never gave it any more thought until one day, more than 20 years later, I was driving home from a conference that my husband, Jack, and I had led in Houston, TX.
I was listening to a song by Michael W Smith, "Water of Life,"  and a wave of powerful emotion overwhelmed me as I heard the words: "I'm in the river that flows from Your throne, water of Life, water of Life; it covers me and I breathe again, Your love is breath to my soul."

I began to weep and sob and had to pull my truck over to the side of the road.  The memory of that long ago dream washed over me with the awesome realization that it had been God calling to me all those years.  I gave my life to Jesus when I was 19 and the dream stopped because it was now my reality!  I have never felt so loved in my life.

For the first time,  I KNEW that God had called me. Even now, writing these words I am overcome with thankfulness and wonder and humility and tears.  How is it that I, an insignificant vapor, could have been formed by a God so magnificent, who created our world and the worlds beyond and everything we can see and cannot see, yet He wanted me.  He called to me. He sought me, bought me, healed me, filled me, but more than anything else, HE loves ME!  Thank You Abba Father!

I hope that each one who views this glimpse of my life will receive your own revelation of how Much God loves You!



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE His words through you and your life experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! You are an inspiration to me, as well.

    ReplyDelete