Friday, February 25, 2011

Blog or Brain Fog?

There are days when I really want to express what is in my heart, but it seems my head has left the planet!  I search through the universe that is my mind, but discover it is actually a black hole.  All the deep, profound, erudite (As Annette would say,"That's redundant!" Ha Ha!) thoughts have been sucked into the next universe.

So what I would like to share with you is is a recipe!  Last night I made some gluten-free corn muffins.  They were really good and my husband, Jack, said if I hadn't told him he wouldn't have been able to tell.

Grammabanana's Gluten-Free Corn Muffins

1 C organic gluten-free corn meal
1 C organic brown rice flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 C organic raw sugar
1 C organic buttermilk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 C Canola oil

Mix all ingredients together with a fork until just mixed.

Generously grease muffin pan with bacon grease. (I save bacon grease in a cup in my refrigerator, you could use another shortening if you want, but the flavor would be less)  I used a large sized muffin tin and the recipe filled 9 spots. I could have stretched it to 12 but I wanted large muffins.

Bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.  (I actually am not sure how long I baked them...I was busy on Facebook!)

Enjoy!  PS if you have to do dairy-free, use rice milk and 4 tsp of baking powder in stead of the soda)

No comments:

Post a Comment