Friday, April 8, 2011

Tomorrow's the Run!

I haven't been able to write since mom-in-love passed.  Grief is a strange emotion.  We all experience it differently.  My tendency is go numb.  Brain feels dead, heart feels dead.  It is weird.  I want to express it, but it's just silent.  So, I decided to take the blog challenge to run a 5k race and blog or vlog about what I see when I cross the finish line.  I must confess, it will more of a walk/shuffle for me, but I can do it.  Tomorrow I am "running " the Brenham, TX Bluebonnet 5k.  It's worth it just to get the t-shirt!!

Hopefully, this will spark my creative juices once again.  I always hear the voice of Sean Connery in Finding Forrester, "Just write!" It can be true...if you blather long enough, you just may spit out a witticism. I am counting on the same to apply to  writing.  I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Today I babysat my precious grandson, Joseph.  He is almost two years old.  Still likes to cuddle.  I held him on my lap as he napped for 2 1/2 hours.  I don't know a sweeter thing this side of heaven.  He was delightful all day.  I had a little fear and trepidation about keeping him that long.  He is a momma's baby for sure, but he never fussed, just giggled and jabbered.  I feel renewed.
Blessings, Anna Marie- the Marathon Grammabanana

No comments:

Post a Comment