Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Retire or Re-fire?

Joshua 13:1 
1NOW JOSHUA was old and gone far in years [over 100], and the Lord said to him, You have grown old and are gone far in years, and very much of the land still remains to be possessed.


God has a different retirement plan for us than we have!  Here's Joshua, over 100 years old, and his commission to posses the land has not been accomplished.  God doesn't say, 
"Good job, Josh, you have really worked hard.  Time to relax and let the younger ones take over.  Go play some golf and enjoy some fishing."


No, He gives him instructions on how to divide the land among the tribes and to get going!  


I cannot seem to get away from the word the Lord gave me, to assemble the elders.  Lately, He has been putting elders in my path and telling me to encourage them to take their place in the Body.  Some of the most faithful and powerful prayer warriors we have at our healing center are over the age of 70!  We learn much from them.  Yesterday, a woman in her 90's showed up and wants to be of service!  


I have had an awakening in my own heart, that I am really just getting started, after serving the Lord for almost 40 years.  Much of my walk has been stumbling in the dark.  I have had a few falls, bloodied knees and a broken heart.  Yet I rejoice!  I have obtained much wisdom and discernment.  I have just realized that all which has gone before has been my boot-camp!  


The greatest lesson I have learned is, duh, don't walk outside of the Light!  "but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin." 1 John 1:7


Join with me today.  Let us go out, with the Light of Jesus surrounding us, filling us and directing our path, and see what beautiful encounters we can have as we advance the Kingdom of God!  Alleluia! He is risen!

2 comments: