Saturday, April 16, 2011

Why Blog Your Thoughts?

"The proper rewards are not simply tacked on to the activity for which they are given, but are the activity itself in consummation."
~ C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

So true!! I love C.S. Lewis, he states the not so obvious with such beauty and elegance!  Blogging is kind of like this quote.  I love to get the reward of feedback from readers, but the true reward is the blogging itself.  There is something about putting one's thoughts down in written form that brings clarity and reality to those thoughts.

There have been thoughts that flow from the stream of words, whether through pen and paper or through the typing of the keyboard, that have ministered to me in such a way, that I have known it was not I , but my Father in heaven speaking to me. Words that challenge me to come up higher.  Words that entice me to love more and live expansively.

Writing helps me to see the beauty and the pain around me more keenly.  It has given wings to my dreams and at times brought me back from the pit of despair.  (Writing on the computer has also shown me what a lousy speller I am! LOL, and enabled me to laugh at my own jokes!)

I have discovered that I tend to fulfill those dreams I blog about.  There is an accountability that comes by sharing with the world your intentions.  I would not have run the Bluebell 5k this year if not for blogging about it.  My usual running buddies couldn't make it.  And as much as I love you guys...you know who you are... I am glad you couldn't, because spending the day with my precious grandson and enjoying his first fun run would not have happened otherwise!

So, I will continue to blog.  I will continue to run.  I will finish my race.  God willing, I will die with running shoes on my feet and a pen or camera in my hand!  Blessings Ya'll!  Anna Marie

Question: Do you blog or journal about your life and interests? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment