Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Eyes of Love

This morning as I was thinking of the day ahead, and feeling a heaviness of loss in my chest, the Lord sent a memory into my mind.

It was the day my mom died and we received a phone call from our son's fiancĂ©e that  they had been in a car wreck.  I rushed to the hospital and when I saw my son lying on the gurney, I was entranced with what I observed:  There he was, with a neck brace, gazing with intense love into his beloved's eyes, while she stroked his hair.  What a picture of love and peace.  Immediately, the Lord Jesus spoke to my heart, "Keep your eyes on me, adore me, let me adore you, and you not be consumed with pain."

I turn my eyes upon You this morning, Lord.  I love You, and adore You.  Help me love You more!

No comments:

Post a Comment