Thursday, March 31, 2011

Answered Prayer

Yesterday morning, as I was leaving my house, I asked the Lord to let me reach at least one person that day for Him.

I went on my way, busy, busy, busy, completely forgetting about my prayer.  It was a good day, an emotional day, as Jack and I shared with our team at the Christ Healing Center about Mary's last days and her funeral service.  After our classes at the center, Jack took me out to Ya Ya's Thai restaurant...should be called Yum Yum's!  After our delicious meal of pot stickers and spicy green curry, I decided to go to the mall to get some new makeup.

The most delightful woman assisted me at the Lancome counter in Macy's. Judy is her name.  We began to chat and she asked me what I did for a living.  When I told her that I prayed for people, that I loved Jesus, she asked me to pray for her husband Frank who had had a stroke that changed their lives considerably.

So, we prayed, right there in the department store, and I told her to expect the Lord to answer.

She said, " He already is! I asked Him this morning for more! And here you are!"
I remembered my prayer from the morning and replied, "I asked Him to make a difference for someone today, and here you are!"

We hugged about five times!!

What a good guy God is!  He came through for me even though I completely lost my focus yesterday!

2 comments: