Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lord Have Mercy

Perspective. The devastation in Japan has certainly given me some.  There have been times in my life as a Christian that I have lost sight of the fact that Jesus will someday return.  When life is calm and good, I tend to get complacent.  It is easy to forget that there are millions upon millions of people who do not know Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.  It is easy to play games and tell silly stories, share silly e-mails and in general live life at a very low level of purpose.  But when confronted with the scale of death and destruction that has occurred in Japan, I am brought up short.  Time is of the essence.  Prayers are desperately needed for our fellowman.  

My navel gazing has ceased and I am sending love and prayers to the people of Japan.  Lord have mercy. Christ have mercy.  Lord have mercy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment