Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Life of Love

It has been a wonderful journey, sitting in vigil, waiting for my husband's mom to "cross over."  Sometimes it takes awhile for people to come to the point of jumping off.

Last Sunday, after almost a week of watching Mary fade away, I asked the Lord,"Why is it taking so long? She is hardly here, barely hanging on?"  Clear as a bell I heard, "Her purpose is not fulfilled.  She has more to accomplish."  I had been praying for family members who were estranged.  I knew with a certainty upon hearing these words, that reconciliation was on its way!

I was not disappointed.  Each family member showed up to pay respects to Mary and each realized that family is important.  All hard feelings disappeared as a mist in the sunlight and our family is healed.

Many years ago, wen my mother was alive, I looked for days to find a Mother's Day card that didn't define her worth by what she could do or had done for me.  I wanted one that just celebrated who she was.  She was totally incapacitated physically, but she was priceless to me.  The world would have us believe that our worth is in our doing, and much of what we do is powerful, but ultimately we are valued by who we are. What we do in this life defines who we are and when we live for love, we become love.

We are eager to see what else will be accomplished by this awesome woman!

Thank you, Mom, Mary, Grandma, Great-grandma, great-great-grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment