Thursday, March 17, 2011

Waiting: Reflections on birth and death.

I remember the waiting...come soon, little one.
Each child I have been blessed to know has kept me waiting...
When will you be here?
I am anxious to meet you face to face, to feel your skin and hold you tight in my embrace!
The preparation...
Rooms to decorate, clothes to buy...
Softest blankets...anticipation.
Love to be enfolded and released!
Lives to be connected and unleashed!

And then you came.
Joy is so complete.

Dying is like that.
Our Father waits with bated breath for our new birth.
He longs to feel our skin and hold us tight in His embrace.
Soon...it will be soon.
"I am working out the perfect time for you to come.
Your room is almost finished and your garment has been bought by My own Son.
Anticipation grows in all our hearts
For you to come and be enfolded and released!
Forever to be connected and unleashed!
And so you'll come.
My Joy will be complete!"
Love, Abba

2 comments:

  1. Waiting is a gift from God one that we learn. All the gifts are worth waiting for and if we learn as we wait then it is even better.
    I have followed gifts all my life, never got what I asked for, but then I never got what I asked for from God, but received what I needed. Waiting and wondering, worry and fear, work and learn, I think it is the process that gets us down. The waiting for it to be over wears us down. Why not live with the waiting and see all there is see, experience the time because in it there is a lesson, and yes even joy. We need to open our eyes to waiting and stop complaining and greet each opportunity to experience the love God has for us.

    Stop, Look and Listen, He is there to wait with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reflection, David! Thanks for your words!

    ReplyDelete