Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hope is Rising!

Just sitting here, listening to the woosh, woosh of the dishwasher.  The house is silent, other than that.  Jack is at a meeting and I am left alone with my thoughts.  It has been a good day.  The sun was shining, and the wind was blowing, and the scent of Spring is in the air.  The grass is beginning to turn green,  and some of the local trees are in bloom.  Hope is floating through my heart.

We had a wonderful visit with dear friends and met the new husband of one of them.  Their story is one of hope.  Widowed, in their 60's, they met online!  After many heart to heart phone calls, they decided to meet and on the first date, he proposed!  They are absolutely a joy to watch and listen to!   They have been given a hope and a future!

Earlier, I was delighted by a phone call from our daughter-in-love and the chance to speak with each child and even my kid!  I love my son so much.  (Don't we all!)  When I listen to him, I am in wonder at the amazing depths of curiosity he has for this life.  I feel hope rising for the future.  Even if this world crumbles around us, with young men and women like this, this earth will go on to greater heights!

I spent a few minutes on Facebook before writing this.  I was enthralled with the photos my family and friends have posted.  The love on each face.  The love of the one who posted them.  This love gives me hope.  Hope cannot be quenched, even though blackness and darkness and pain overwhelm.  It has substance.  It lifts, fills, and glorifies everyone and everything is touches.

I will say goodnight with a quote from a man who journeyed far looking for hope.  I hope you are blessed with some hope today!  Blessings, Anna Marie

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence."  ~Lin Yutang

No comments:

Post a Comment